Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blood-Type Diet

A few years ago, I went to a show to see some friends perform. I hadn't seem them in a while and when I hooked up with them after the show, I was blown away. My buddy Brandon looked like he had lost a TON of weight and he was never overweight so I was a little confused.

Compared to the way he normally looks, he looked emaciated. But the dramatic weight loss was so surprising and shocking I had to know how he had done it because in the 5 years (at that time) since my accident (I'll blog about that later) I had put on about 50 lbs. and was having a tough time shedding the weight.



Brandon told me that he had gone on a blood-type diet with his mom.  His mom was ordered to go on the diet by her doctor and because it was such a tough and limiting diet, Brandon was an awesome son and went on it with her for support.

For the last few years, I had never forgotten that and swore I would give it a try.  Now that I have a wedding on the horizon, I am now about 1.5 months into the blood-type diet.  I am Type-O, the same and Brandon and his mom, so I have been able to consult and compare recipes and ingredients.  Here's the chart I have to follow:


In the month and a half since I started this diet, I have lost over 25 lbs. and havent felt as amazing in years.  I definitely have not been this thin (and I am nowhere near my goal, mind you) since probably 2005/2006.  As difficult as it was at the beginning, I have found it to be so rewarding and effective.  That, right there, is motivation enough to continue the diet and see it through to the end.

Who knows?  Maybe I'll have a considerable lifestyle change?  Either way, I couldnt recommend this more highly for anyone wanting to shed some lbs. easily.  Someone told me a few years ago that by cutting soda out of my life, I'd lose 10 lbs.  I didn't lose anything but I did cut it out in January of 2008 and have never looked back.  Imagine if I had still consumed soda.  I'd be a glutton for gluttony, probably.

If you are interested in the blood-type diet for you, here are links to each page with some amazing information:
And if you don't know your blood-type (and don't have health insurance),  you can order a home-test kit from Amazon.com.  I ordered THIS ONE and while I let it sit for a few months for fear of pricking myself with a needle, I found it quick, fun, and extremely self explanatory and accurate!



I mix this diet with frequent trips to Runyon Canyon in Hollywood.  I am telling you -- this is working for me.  I'll be posting the products I have been buying and trying with reviews of how they taste and recipes for the meals I have been preparing for the next few weeks.  I couldn't be more happy to get the results I want and the reinforcement from friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, for being proactive, and getting onto the blood type diet just from seeing the amazing results of your friend.

    I started the blood type diet just over two years ago because I had a health challenge. Now, two years later the health challenge is history, and I'm fifty pounds lighter, and I feel and look twenty years younger.

    My thighs are thinner than ever in my life, even as a teenager, and I have no cellulite anywhere. I wear a very tiny bikini, size medium, with total confidence now. The blood type diet 'rocks'. I'm a Type O Non-secretor.

    For type O people there is no easier way to your weight goals than getting on the Type O diet. There is plenty to eat and you never have to feel hungry. True, you have to give up a lot of things you adore eating, but as time goes by the cravings for those foods go away, then it's just cruising, getting better looking and better feeling every month that goes by. Everyone with a will can do this.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am type A and have been following this diet since January 2011, I have lost 28 lbs now, my attitude and energy levels have jumped. I feel great. I feel the healthiest I have ever felt in 50 yrs.

    ReplyDelete